Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)

Work visa for UK graduates

This visa is no longer available, as of 6 April 2012.

Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) was for those who had studied a degree in the UK to then get permission to work for two years without having to have an employer sponsor them.

There is no immediate replacement; however, graduates of UK universities are free to move into a job in Tier 2.  If they are successful finding an employer willing and licensed to sponsor them, it is relatively easy for the employer to do so, as the employer is not required to conduct the Resident Labour Market Test (i.e. advertise the position to see if there are any workers already with permission to work who can fill the position).

Other types of Tier 1 immigration application: